Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Blizzard....

The first thing I heard about this morning was the BLIZZARD.... In fact that is all I heard about all day. Every person that came into the scrapbook store had something to say about the BLIZZARD.


I left the store about 4:00 to get home before the storm came. Sawyer and Bryson were so worried about the storm. As we passed Market Street Grill on our way home, Bryson said "Mom what are all those cars doing there? They're not going to get home before the storm.... That sucks for them!"
When we got home the kids were on pins and needles looking out the window ever 5 minutes waiting for the BLIZZARD to start. Sawyer called it the "LIZARD" and Bryson called it the "WIZARD" (I tried to explain to them it was a BLIZZARD!)

As soon as the first little flurry fell Zach was outside in his snow gear. He came running in the house to tell us "The BLIZZARD is here!" All the boys ran to the door. Then Sawyer said "Where is it? I don't see a LIZARD!" (I have to admit I think he was a little bugged when he found out the LIZARD was just snow!) He looked up at me and said "Mom, where not going to die!)

Colton on the other hand was very worried. He was scared the power was going to go out. He got more nervous when I lit a candle. Although, he did have fun roasting mini marshmallows on toothpicks over the candle flame.

The BLIZZARD, LIZARD or WIZARD turned out not to be such a big deal.... I think the kids are going to a little upset when they have to go to school tomorrow.... I think they were expecting a "Little House on the Prairie BLIZZARD"

No comments: