Grandma Ann sent us a surprise in the mail. Two jars of little tiny caterpillars.... At first I thought they were dead, they were so small and not moving at all. Then a day or two passed and they were a little bigger.... Soon after about a week they were huge!!! I couldn't believe it!!!! Soon we noticed that they were spinning into crystallised.... So we put them in the butterfly habitat, we kept watching and in about a week i went in one morning and what to my
wondering eyes should appear.... 4 little butterflies! By the next morning all of our 9 butterflies had hatched.... We watched them for a couple days.... Then one day Ben called me at work and said "When you get home we need to let the butterflies go.... They are getting '
jiggy' in the habitat!"
Colton did not want to hold the "
jiggy" butterflies!!!!

I love the look on his face (as you can tell he knows about the birds and the butterflies....)

The
Jiggy butterflies didn't seem to bother Zach quite as much....

It was really fun to watch the butterflies and let them go... They all flew away even the mutant
butterflies with three wings!!! The
jiggy butterflies were set on a plant... and eventually they flew away....

We all had fun watching the butterflies!!! Thanks Grandma Ann!!! We love you!!!
2 comments:
we did these before, it was fun!
This is so much fun. I heard you can get other creatures, also.
Post a Comment