Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Back in School....

As much as I love summer... I have to say I am happy with saying goodbye to longest summer of my life! Summer was great and we had a lot of fun!!! The kids got out of school June 8th. We finished moving June Sat June 10th and off for vacation to San Diego June 11th..... We had a blast!!! After we came home it was off to the swim pool, zoo, VIDEO GAMES and what ever else came our way!!! We went up to the mountains with Gene and Camille. Went to California in August and kept enjoying summer!!! Then the week before Zach started school a crazy thing happened.... I got vertigo! It was the absolute worst thing I have ever felt in my entire life!!! My head was spinning, imagine riding on the Tea cup ride at Disneyland for 100 straight hours, splitting your head into 9 different pictures and then shattering everything... (That is my best description of vertigo!!!) I was down in bed (no walking or movement for 5 days) Then I could finally sit up and then gradually start to walk. I didn't drive for 2 weeks!!! And still get spinning in the back of my head every now and then!!! Zach started school om the 28th of August. I can't believe my little boy is in middle school!!! The bus comes at 7:22 and the bus stop is right across the street from our house!!! I was so excited when I found this out!!! I watched Zach walk to the bus stop and wait with all the other kids (I mean Gargantua's those kids are HUGE!!!) When he came home I took this picture of him on his first day of school. He is loving Elk Ridge Middle School and is starting to make friends (He also already knew a few kids from football)
The rest of the kids started school September 10th. I have to say this is my favorite school picture ever! (I took this picture on my front porch....Notice the Elementary  in the background?) That's right, we are across the street from the school!!! This means my carpool days are over!!! The kids walk to school together. When the bell rings to come home (I can hear it and know my kids will be walking through the door in one minute!!!) The kids are all making friends and loving school. I couldn't be happier!!! Back to school also means back to routine (funny the routine I was so happy to get rid of in June I am now even happier to get back!!!)
We now have bed times, wake up times, chores, homework, dinners and baths every day!!!
I am also trying to get into a routine in the morning... Working out, blogging, laundry... since I am now alone every morning for 3 hours!



1 comment:

Lizzy Hortin said...

Wow what a great location!!! And I cannot believe how big your boys are getting.