We didn't sleep a whole lot... It was to sunny out, so we walked around a little and took silly picture with ipad:) as you can see Kids can sleep anywhere!!!!
Sawyer
Colton
Bryson
Then we set up our camp and headed off for the hike to Calf Creek Falls. We packed some lunch and brought our fishing gear (thanks to my Uncle John who gave us a great tip... We caught so many fish and had so many people that we ran into say they wished they would have brought their fishing poles.)
now about the hike.... First thing I learned is to not wear flip flops on a hike or let your kids were them... (Big mistake, it was so sandy and hot!!!) next thing I learned was to make sure all your kids wear socks with there tennis shoes... About 45 minutes into the hike we found out Sawyer was not wearing socks... And had blisters! Bryson was pretty nice to let him wear his shoes, the kids switched off letting each other borrow their socks.
It was a pretty long hike and was really pretty. When we finally got there we saw the most beautiful waterfall, the water was crystal clear and pretty cold. It was really awesome because for awhile we were the only ones there.
It was a pretty long hike and was really pretty. When we finally got there we saw the most beautiful waterfall, the water was crystal clear and pretty cold. It was really awesome because for awhile we were the only ones there.
The kids had a blast fishing and Sawyer caught his first fish all by himself. The kids had fun playing in the sand and playing racing games on the little beach.
We stayed for a few hours and then decided to head back. It was perfect timing because the Mosquitos were coming out.
As we walked back it was nice and cool so that made it nice although Sawyer was so tired he wanted to be carried all the way back... I promised him a Skylander if he could just tough up and walk the rest of the way. He did!!! Then we got back to our camp and I made dinner. It turned out so yummy!!! Although when you go on a last minute camping trip there are a lot of things that you forget... Like a table cloth, towel, lighter fluid, etc. etc....
The campground had showers so it was nice to get all clean. Sawyer, Bryson and Me stayed in the tent and played ipad and then went to sleep while Ben, Colton and Zach went down and fished by the dock and had a great time... They caught so many fish. they were playing around and tied fishing line to their toes, it was really funny when they actually caught a fish this way!
Camping in the morning...when the sun comes up every camper in the camp ground wakes up except for us... We stayed in the tent and slept until the tree was no longer able to shade us... Then it was too hot to sleep so we got up. I started to fix breakfast and we got a fire going.... Big mistake! It was so HOT!!! I then realized why all the campers wake up so early! father breakfast we decided to go hike the slot canyons. I was really looking forward to this and was really excited. We drove on the bumpiest rocky road for a little over an hour until we reached our destination. It was really tricky to tell if we were in the right place because nothing is really marked that well. When we got there we saw a couple that had been wondering around I asked them if they went to the slot canyons and they said "They gave up and couldn't find it!" Then we saw all these rocks stacked up called carriens, so we followed them and soon arrived at Peek a Boo Canyon. We were laughing and I kept saying just follow the KAREN!!! this canyon was so cool and everything I wanted it to be.
I loved it!!! the kids had so much fun hiking this canyon!!! When I told Sawyer we were going on another hike he about flipped out. Then I told him this was an exploring hike, he was still really hesitant but as soon as we got there he had so much fun!!!!
I loved it!!! the kids had so much fun hiking this canyon!!! When I told Sawyer we were going on another hike he about flipped out. Then I told him this was an exploring hike, he was still really hesitant but as soon as we got there he had so much fun!!!!
We went to cross over to Spooky Canyon and some pele said they saw a rattle snake so we walked back and went down Peek a Boo again it was so much fun.
The kids all so much fun playing in this canyon. Zach was the best brother ever and carried BIG BOY Sawyer all across the mountian. Zach said he was going to get in shape for football. What a nice brother!!!!
I love this picture!!!
I love having an all boy family. They have so much fun together!!!
This canyon was so cool I loved all the narrow spots and places you could go over and under. It was a blast!!!
Once we were done we decided to drive home. It seemed like the longest drive ever although it was absolutely gorgeous!!! The rocks were beautiful and the trees. We saw a lot of deer, cows and more bunnies. We should of ate before we left because it was no mans land!!! There was nothing but nature. We stopped at a Wendy's close to midnight and went through the drive thru. Then we got home about an hour later. We had so much fun on our spare or the moment camping trip and made so many fun memories with our family. I can't wait to go AGIAN. Calf Creek Falls is one of our favorite places!!!




















2 comments:
My Dad always talks about this place, I really want to go, especially after seeing your amazing pictures! Andy and I always say we need to hurry and do spare of the moment things like this before we have kids and can't anymore, but it's good to know you can still do it with the kids too!
Lizzy, you and Andy should go. It is amazing! You would love it!!!!
Post a Comment