Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Surgery for Zach

On Saturday Zach fell nickel boarding (that's like a short long board) it was raining and he called Ben. When Ben picked him up he told him he thought he broke his collarbone. So Ben rushed him to the ER. I was doing the Scrapbook Retreat down town, so they waited until after it was over to call me. I rushed to the ER and could tell Zach was in a lot of pain. They sent us home and told us to schedule an appointment on Monday. We went to the appointment on Monday and got our first look at the x-rays. 
I was shocked to see that he broke it right in half! The Dr. Scheduled surgery for today. We got here at 12:30 he went into surgery at 3:00
We waited and they came out a little after 4:00 and told us everything went great! When Dr. Brady came out he told us he took a few pictures of we would like to see them. So we said "yes" the pictures were crazy!!! 
When they opened him up. 
Putting his bones back together. 
The plate and 6 screws. It's about 11:00 pm and we are just getting ready to leave. His oxygen was really low so they moved him up to the pediatric floor to watch him. He is doing good and has been really sleepy. 

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hi Karen I'm happy you blogged! Sorry about poor Zach-those pictures are pretty cool though. I just have to say I love your cute little glamper it looks like so much fun!