Wednesday, September 16, 2009

It's No Father's and Sons....

On Labor Day we were trying to think of something fun and cheap to do. So we decided to have a backyard camp out. Ben borrowed a fire pit from his Mom and we set up the tent in the backyard. We had good time playing games in the tent and hanging out all night with the kids. We made tin foil dinners (that were so yummy) and then roasted marshmallows. I was getting pretty nervous around the fire and without even realizing it started telling everyone the common sense you would think most people know!!! "Don't run by the fire, If your by the fire put your shoes on! Don't throw that in the fire, Don't lay your roaster on the grass.... etc, etc,"
That's when Zach piped in and said "Fathers and Sons is way funner than this.... There's NO Moms to say "Don't do that, Don't do this!!! You can like practically just walk through the fire at Fathers and Sons and no one even says anything!!!"

I told Zach "I was going to dress up like a Dad and go to the next Father and Sons camp out...." He made me laugh when he said "Yeah, they would know you were a Mom in two seconds when you start yelling "Don't do that!!!" (This really makes me feel good about sending all my little pyromaniacs to Fathers and Sons!!!!)
After a while I was done with the fire and asked Ben if he would put it out. He said "Well, just leave it burning for a while!" I then said "Then I don't want Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum out here (AKA: Zach and Colton) Ben then said "Why?"

"WHY???? They're burning everything in sight.... and they'll get burned too!!!" Ben then said "If they get burned then they'll learn!"
So I went in then tent, not soon after both Colton and Zach came in the tent and guess what???? Colton got burned!!! (He picked up the wrong side of the roaster.... and he did learn not to that again!!!)
We had such a fun time at our backyard camp out... And I was so thankful that I was so close to my house when I needed to run to the bathroom, get more blankets, get a drink and make a yummy breakfast!!!

Happy Labor Day

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

I have decided that boys and fathers get extra protection on the Father's and Son's! Mostly because the fathers are usually just as bad as the boys around the fire.....

Carson said...

How fun, but nexy year you need to come with us camping in the great wild out doors I think that would be really fun :)

Melissa said...

What a fun idea. The best part about camping in the backyard is you don't have to use an outhouse!

Lizzy Hortin said...

Now that is my kind of camping!

Brittany said...

I think I still would have ended up in the house around 2:00am. How do you get all 4 boys to smile for a picture?? You are amazing!

Karen said...

I tell I wont stop taking pictures until I get a good one!!! (They learn real quick!)