In May we went to Arizona's Out of Africa Wild animal Park. One might ask why we went there or how we heard about it? Well, for about 4 years now Colton's favorite animal has been a tiger. We go up to Hogle Zoo and watch the baby tigers (that really don't look much like babies anymore) We also watch tigers on youtube.... We type in things like "tigers swimming, tigers eating, tigers attacking people and tiger fights....." This is when we discovered OUT OF AFRICA!~ This is a animal park where they interact with animals.... They also let you interact with them as well..... So after some planning and a lot of google~ing we were off to Arizona, My Mom is also a big tiger fan so we asked if her and my Dad wanted to come with us. Not long after the road trip was planned......
Our Out of Africa adventure started out by going on the bus ride. They gave each of us a carrot and told us that when the giraffe came by to do what ever you could to pet it and feed it...... "Get out of your seat, push shove whatever!!! But, do not miss your chance!!!
Colton was Tiger heaven!!!!
Zach on the other hand was determined to catch a lizard. He spent about 30 minutes chasing after this poor lizard. Just as the show was about to start he caught it!!!
Colton wanted to hold the lizard, just as Zach handed the lizard off to Colton the lizard escaped!!! It ran right on the back of the girl in front of us..... She freaked out and started screaming.... Then Zach saw that the lizard was hanging from her skirt and grabbed it. If I would have had a camera I would have won Americas funniest home video!!! oh, well!
This was a 30 minute show of a tiger jumping into a pool and popping blow up toys! It was really fun to watch! every ones favorite part was watching the basketball pop in 1/2 second!!!
After the Tiger show we all got in line to feed the Tiger.
Ben taunted the tiger with the blue cooler.
All the kids then fed the Tiger. It cost $5.00 to feed the Tiger two pieces of meat. I think its funny that I packed all my kids lunches so I wouldn't have to buy them food.... Then I end up spending $20.00 on the Tigers lunch??? 
This is Gracie the snake. She was a meth snake and was rescued by Out of Africa.... They said she has a lot of problems and if they keep her well fed she wont bite you.... 
I hope she already had her lunch!!! Bryson loved this snake and wanted me take a million pictures of him!!!
One of the most exciting parts of the day was at 3:00 when they did the predator feed. You walk behind a truck full of meat and these really strong guys with big muscles would throw these huge chunks of meat over the fence!!! (even a horse leg) The animals were pacing back and forth and knew that they were getting their dinner!!! One of the lions jumped up and caught the meat. The Tigers lick there meat and the hyenas were my favorite to watch.... They eat every little speck of meat and bone so there is nothing left! It was crazy to watch and they even made them laugh!!!
Every animal was pacing the fence just waiting for their food!!! We had a great day at the Out of Africa Park.... If it were closer I would buy a year pass!!!!

5 comments:
wow this looks like a fun place. I love the pictures of the animals...the snake...not so much though.
I want to go!!! This looks like so much fun, you got such fun pictures!
Fun pictures! I've never even heard about that place.
Seriously this is such a crazy weird 70's place. It's like hanging out with the Dharma Initiative. I really want to go.
HA HA
Post a Comment