Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Story Time

Ben gave me this book on Zachary's first Christmas. None of my boys like this book, (but I read it to them anyway) This is the only book that will make all my boys mad, angry and even cry!!!

This story starts out really cute. The mother rocks her baby boy and sings to him!!!
The little boy grows up...the mother continues to crawl across the floor every night and rocks her little boy while he is sleeping. While she rocks him she sings:

" I'll Love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
as long as I'm living
my baby you'll be"
(Zachary can not stand this song and plugs his ears...)

The Mother goes over to her grown sons house and continues to sing and rock him. This is the part that gets Zachary and Colton the most riled up...

After I read this page, I always say... "I remember when me and Dad were first married and I woke up and saw Grandma Ann rocking Dad. It scared me at first and I thought it was a little strange, but now I'm used to it so it doesn't scare me anymore."

Zachary gets so mad, he can't figure out if I am lying or telling the truth. He says " I know you're lying, because you're smiling!" I tell him "I'm smiling because I think it is a little strange that Grandma Ann comes over and rocks Dad when he's asleep." Then it even makes them more mad when I tell them "Now, that I'm a Mom I don't think it's so weird and I hope that when they're married their wives don't think I'm strange when I come and rock them!" (I know, I am so mean)

Bryson started to fall asleep towards the end of the story. So right after, I cuddled him up and sang him the song:

" I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always as long as I'm living my baby you'll be."

As soon as I said "BABY" his eyes shot open and he started crying his little head off "I'm Not a baby...I'm Big Boy Bryson"

So as you can see this book gets everyone upset!!!

*Bryson does not like being called a baby, and when he is mad at anyone he will call you a "BABY HEAD" If that's the worst word he knows I'm pretty lucky!!!

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Ohhhhhhhhh, my kids hated that book too. We had it when they were little! Especially the part of the mom climbing in the window and rocking the adult son! Funny thing though, when Ben was on his mission, some people from Canada he had met said they wanted to send us something from Canada, and sent that book! The Author is Canadian. All the kids said "OH NO", when we got it again!!!! Funny! But I do think moms always want their kids close no matter the age!!!!

Jennybug said...

This is so funny. I am laughing my baby head off right now. I really did this to Jake all the time. He would also get sad and say, "Mom do you still rock me and say I'll love you forever." I really love this book, it is my favorite. My kids really like it when the little boy is being naughty and throws the watch in the toilet. That cracks me up about Grandma Ann. You are too funny!!!!!!! Thanks for letting Jake hang out. Love you!!!

Carson said...

Hey that is a really funny story. I need to get this book I don't have it, it seem like a good one!

Brittany said...

That is so funny! You totally crack me up. I actually love that book, it makes me cry. I just hope my boys live in 1 story houses when they are all grown up.

Melissa said...

I loved that book, I have my own copy. I would be a little freaked out if Adam's mom came over to rock Adam. He would probably be too heavy!

Anonymous said...

That is such a funny story and I love how they can't tell if you are serious or not! It cracks me up!!