Monday, January 4, 2010

Erector Headache

On New Years Day we decided to build these "fun" Erector sets with the boys..... Little did I know I needed to have my General Contractors licence to figure it out!!! The package says 8+ I think this means 8 people plus to figure it out....
Ben and Zach built a Car and Colton and I built one. Ben was lucky because his car was only 17 steps "Very complicated steps" Mine was 27 even more complicated steps!!!
Notice who is building the car....
Four hours later I was finished with a car THAT DID NOT WORK!!!! Then I started to cry.... I was determined to build this car and build it right.... So I tried to take it a part and fix the problem.... Finally after another 45 min... I had a finished car THAT GOES BACKWARDS!!!!
This picture was taken before the erector breakdown although I do have to say the smile was still forced!!!!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm sorry I think Erector sets were just made for males I think they have something extra in their brain that makes them good at putting things together.

Carson said...

WOW so Bryan has a fun day ahead of him with Parker? Wish us luck!!! p.s. are they still in one piece?

Karen said...

Yes.... They are still together!!!