Last night Zach asked me if he could have an Air Soft Party and invite some kids from school over on Saturday? I said "Yes"(I'm a little sad and a little grateful I will be out of town and miss this event!) Today when I picked him up from school I asked him "How many kids did you invite over?" After rambling off every boy in the fourth grade... I have a feeling I won't be sad at all to miss this "Party"
The phone rang the second I walked in the door from car pool. It was a kids Mom asking about "The Party"
The conversation went like this:
"Hi, This is Kyle's Mom. All Kyle can talk about is a party Zach is having. Something about air soft guns."
"Oh, yeah Zach has invited over some friends to have an air soft war."
"Well, what exactly will they be doing???"
" Um, Running around and shooting each other!!! I guess."
"Are you OK with this? Will they be wearing protective glasses? How long is this party?"
"Um, I kind of just let Zach organize it. Yeah, the kids do wear glasses. I think they're just going to run around outside unless they want to come inside."
"You know those little air soft pellets get every where and are hard to clean up?"
"Yeah, I've gotten used to them being everywhere, I just ignore them. After Christmas the boys took the gingerbread houses down stairs and shot them into crumbs. I have four boys! So I'm used to all the craziness. Do you need my address? "
"Yes, That would be great...... Well, It was nice meeting you!"
Wow, at first I thought she was the strange one... But after writing it all down I might be the weird one.... What can I say??? I'm just a Mom of BOYS!!! It's probably a good thing I didn't tell her I would be out of town and Zach's Dad would be "supervising"
**I wonder if Kyle will show up to the Air Soft Party????

2 comments:
I would be the mom calling and asking all the questions! Jake got an air soft gun for his birthday. I just found out, did you know you can get biodegradable pellets that dissolve outside? Hope you house is still standing when you get back!!!
You totally crack me up. You need to sign on with Fox for a new sitcom "Bryson in the Middle"
Post a Comment