Thursday, August 28, 2008

Flash Back From The Past...

Last night I went to bed with my hair wet... So you can imagine how it looked this morning when I woke up!!! Ben said "I really like your hair that way." So when I got out of the shower, I put some Gel in my hair and thought I would scrunch it up... BIG MISTAKE!!! I looked like I fell right out of the 80's (only for me it's more like 2005) It took me a little longer than most people to get rid of my fro... After struggling most the morning with my hair, I thought I've got to get my kids to school!!! I went out of my bedroom to help them, Colton looked at me and said "Why are you like that?" I told him "I was trying to fix my hair different and asked him if he liked it?" He said "NO, It's way ugly... and just so you know, it is not opposite day!"
Then I thought to myself I really miss opposite day...When you can just say what ever you want and then if people take it the wrong way you just hurry and say "IT'S OPPISITE DAY!!!"

Does anyone know when opposite day is???

I also thought it was cute that Ben pulled Colton aside and told him a little about girls..."You never tell them they look ugly or fat even if you have to lie!"
I really wish I would of had Colton around 10 years ago to help out with my bad hair decade!!!

7 comments:

susan said...

SO funny, Karen! You'd look cute with your hair any way you do it. Good job, Ben. Teach them young!

susan said...

Oh, by the way, the last time I got my hair colored and cut (about 4 weeks ago) she fixed it really smooth and cute and my 21 year old son said, "well, mom, welcome to the 21st century". I think Steve needs to have a long overdue talk with him, don't you!

Karen said...

Susan- That is so funny! I guess boys will be boys!

Carson said...

Hey I tried a couple of times to bring you up to date in those early years of Bryan and I...and I will have to go with susan on this you really do look cute anyway you do your hair.

Rebecca said...

I liked your hair that way, I always thought it looked cute.

Jennybug said...

I loved your hair that way! (or is it opposite day?)

Jennybug said...

I loved your hair that way! (or is it opposite day?)