Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Solo In The Spotlight

I have been a Barbie freak ever since I was little girl and and proud to admit I have never stopped playing with them (I wonder if I really should be proud of that?) One time when I was in 7th grade I had a sleep over with a friend at my house. When I broke out the huge Barbie box she looked at me like I was crazy.... Being my best friend she was nice and played Barbies with me.... That was the night I realized most girls my age didn't play Barbies..... Every now and again I would pull out the box and dress and style all my Barbies. Then when I was 16 Kendra came along and once again I could play Barbies....
In 1995 they introduced the Vintage reproduction Barbies and I was hooked and started collecting Barbies..... And now I have four wonderful little boys who want nothing to do with Barbies...
Although they sure are sweet to me when I dress up like one!!!! Bryson told me "Mom. you look just like a Barbie... You are so pretty!!!" Colton was so cute when I picked him up and hugged him he said "I can't believe a Barbie is holding me!" My kids will never know how much that did for my self esteem....
I wish I could be Barbie every day!!!!! I love my Barbie face (although it's really hard making kissy lips all day!)
Karen in the Spot Light
It really made me laugh when Ben asked me "How I got my hair so straight and shiny?"
I really love the fake eyelashes and eye make up....
I had one fun night being Barbie!!!
If only I could be Barbie everyday???
All my friends little girls were so cute and really thought I was Barbie...
So I might start doing Birthday parties for little girls!!!
If you know anyone who want's a Barbie party give me a call!!!

5 comments:

Carson said...

You looked so cute! Really true life Barbie!!!

Karen said...

Thanks Carson

Melissa said...

You really look amazing, what a costume! Why not dress like Barbie all the time?

Rebecca said...

WOW! I can't wait to tell every one I am related to Barbie!

Lizzy Hortin said...

Oh my heck that's the best costume I have ever seen! You are a perfect Barbie. Hey! My Birthday is comin' up, maybe I should have a Barbie party!!!;)