Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Don't expect anything from anyone.
Kill your idols and think for yourself!

I remember this quote vividly written in purple marker taped to my sisters mirror. In fact Everytime I would sneak into her room to barrow make up or a shirt to wear, I would read this quote. I'm not sure where she got the quote or who it is written by, but it is one I will always remember and never forget. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of her and wish she was here. She is the only person that I wish I could talk to right now and she is gone. I can remember many nights in tears crying to her complaining that nothing was going right in my life. She always knew just what to say to make me feel better. She was truly the smartest, most nonjudgmental person I knew. She was the one person who saw things different, didn't jump to conclusions and always wanted the best for me. I would give anything if I could just have her back in my life. She wasn't afraid to be herself and to stand up for others and what she believed. She was always so logical and always had the best advice. 

Sometimes I try to imagine how life would be with her, I wonder where she would live, how many children she would have and what it's would be like to just be able to call her anytime or go to lunch. I also wish that Nathan was here. He was such a breath of fresh air to our family. He was someone who was true to himself and didn't care how others judged him. He was a great guy and I enjoyed all the time that him and Denise would let me hang out with them. I try to imagine how wonderful it would be to have them here. 

It doesn't matter how much time passes, I will always miss her and have a hole in my heart. I wish so bad I could have her here and in my life. But I know that the only way I can is in my memories. 

So at the times I need her most in my life I will try to remember the things she would tell me and the quotes she had on her mirror... 

Don't expect anything from anyone,
Kill your idols and think for yourself!!!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Karen, I too wish she were here. She was one of the few people who understood me. She "got" my quirkeyness, and like you said, she never judged!