Friday, January 23, 2009

I am not Amish

OK, there have been several comments about the microwave..... Yes, I do have a microwave although I am currently only using it as decoration!!!!

Why do we not have a microwave????

Well, it broke and by the time I called someone to come look at it I was already getting use to not using it.... Then they told me it would be $25.00 just to look at it (I know $25.00 isn't much and that's not why I decided not fix it) I started thinking about why I needed a microwave and what did I use it for any way???

1. Over processed frozen dinners (that are probably not good for you even though they say Healthy Choice on them)
2. Popcorn (with extra extra butter)
3. S'mores
4. and a bunch of other frozen junk food....

So then I decided maybe it would be healthier if I didn't get the Microwave fixed...

What is a microwave anyway???? Some strange invention they came out with in the 80's.... Can it really be healthy cooking your food by tiny microwaves????

Plus who needs a microwave when you have an Easy Bake Oven????

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

You can get a microwave at Costco for 100 bucks. I got one last week and it works great. One thing you can cook healthy from scratch oatmeal in it in just 3 minutes. I don't think I would eat oatmeal if I had to get the pan out and boil the water.

Melissa said...

First of all I make oatmeal in a pan with boiling water, it really turns out better. I wonder if I could go a week without a microwave... maybe not.

susan said...

At Weight Watchers, they said to put Canola oil on the 94% fat free microwave popcorn. I thought it sounded gross at first but it's actually pretty good. Other than that, I can just see you with your Easy Bake Oven. Whatever "floats your boat".

Lizzy Hortin said...

I think I only use the microwave for the occasional popcorn, but I like the healthy pop kind!

Anonymous said...

We don't use our microwave that much either. Spencer uses it for his nasty fake butter popcorn and I use it to occasionally heat something up... but other then that... we don't really use it.

Roger Gibson said...

LOL - Karen, you're hilarious! I have both a microwave and an easybake but the easybake hasn't been used in years!

Jennybug said...

I remember when we were kids mom didn't use the microwave for probably five years.