Zachary came home from school about a week ago and asked me "When is Valentines Day?" I told him it was "February 14th." He replied with "Oh just so you know, I'm going to be sick that day. Cuz, I don't want to go to school!" I asked him why he didn't want to go to school? He said "Because, it's so dumb they are going to have manners day and assign each boy a girl and you have to do nice things for them all day. Like get their lunch for them. Why they just sit there!"
I started laughing and said "I think that's awesome! You are definitely going to school that day!" Zachary wasn't too excited about my reaction. He said "Mom, the girls don't have to do anything." I told him " He should get to use to it.... That's what Valentines is all about!" He said, "Why would boys just do things for girls... That's stupid." I said "Do you want to know the real reason boy's do things for girls???" Then Ben gave me the funniest look I've ever seen (that look like what heck are you doing???) I said " It's so they can get kisses from girls."
Zach rolled his eyes and said "Duh, Mom"
Ben gave me a look of relief and said "I thought you were going to tell him the real reason."

3 comments:
I sure am glad I am the girl! :)
That is too cute!
I got all caught up on your blog and I am glad we have it! I feel like I have missed so much from everyone!
Make sure to chack mine out too!
You should have said "Ben, and what is the REAL reason?" with "the look!!" That is such a funny stroy and such a neat thing for the boys to do in elementary even though girls have cotties right now!!
I thought this was so funny when I heard about it, Boys are so silly
Post a Comment