Saturday, January 3, 2009

101 News year resolutions...

I am the queen of New Years Resolutions... I'm also not that great at keeping them! I have about 101 resolutions... Ben says "I ought to just have one and actually do it!!!" He might be on to something, although really "Life just can't be that simple!" Can it???

1. Make dinner (every night) Ben says "I should only shoot for 5 times a week"...... So 5 dinners a week it is!!!

2. Eat Healthy

3. Be more frugal and really watch what I'm spending my money on.... (I should say watch what I spend Ben's money on!!!) For instance, I will normally buy my kids a treat every time I go to the store... That's almost 4 dollars a week... and over two hundred dollars a year.... ouch!!!

4. Exercise every day.... This really won't be a problem since I'm in love with the Wii fit!!! Zach said "Then why don't you marry it!!!" I just love kid humor, isn't it great!!!

5. Get a hair style... OK, maybe I should just get a little trim!!! Although I really wish I was brave enough to make a big change!!!

6. Try not to over book myself with all the extra stuff that makes me stressed out (No, football videos!!! etc....)

7. Spend more time with my kids... Yeah, I do spend just about 24 hours a day with them, they even follow me into the bathroom (only the little ones.) I want to make sure I take time to play games, read to them, play and just be a really fun mom!

8. Get organized.... This is a big one!!!! I do not want any junk in my house and I want everything to be labeled and in bins.... I wish bins weren't so pricey (that's going to be pretty hard to keep resolution number 3!)

9. Get all my pictures and Videos organized and backed up on disks!!!! This is going to be a really tough one.... although I know I can do it!!!! (I only take about 500 pictures a week!!!)

10. Try harder to keep my house clean, and not get mad at the kids if it's messy...

11. Talk calm and rational and not yell if I'm mad about a messy house!

12. Wake up early at 7:00, 5 days a week... This is the hardest one yet... I love to sleep in!!!

13. Make better use of my time! (Not, get side track doing things that take up my day!!!)

14. Go to bed earlier.... You know what they say "Early to bed and early to rise makes you unable to have quiet time by yourself!"

15. I know I have more although there are few I shouldn't mention and a few I forgot.... That might be pretty hard to keep a resolution if I have already forgotten it on day 3!!! Oh well there is always next year!!!

* The ones I forgot to list that I now remember....
1. Family Night every Monday
2. Be better at doing homework (Mom work) with my kids!
3. Read scriptures
4. Be more thankful and show gratitude to others and Heavenly Father.
5. Try not to sluff church as much.... I do have a pretty legit reason for this Sawyer is a nightmare to deal with and I always leave early because I would rather put him to bed than deal with him!!!!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

WOW, you almost made it to "20 Wishes". Those are some good resolutions.

Melissa said...

I love new year resolutions too. Even if they don't work out there's nothing wrong with always trying to better yourself.

Lizzy Hortin said...

I have a lot of resolutions this year too! I already broke some...but I'm starting fresh on Monday! Good luck with yours, you will do awesome!

Heidi said...

You've motivated me - hopefully I will post my list soon!