Saturday, August 14, 2010

Discovery Gateway

Saturday August 14th we went to Discovery Gateway (the new children's museum) I have not been since they moved it to the Gateway. We were really lucky to have a FREE family pass for 6. First we went and ate lunch at Benihana's.... I had my FREE $30.00 birthday meal, we thought we would just get the kids each a bowl of fried rice and then Ben would order the lunch special.... In the past this has worked perfect, well not any more.... All my kids love Benihana's and they are getting to be big eaters. They basically ate all my food! Sawyer kept saying "I want a volcano!" I kept telling the him the chef already did the volcano..... Soon, I found out he just wanted to eat the onions off my plate and was calling them volcanoes!!! After each bite of my dinner he would say "Mom, I like gross stuff!" I think it's funny he thought the food looked gross but still wanted to eat it!!!! After lunch we went to the Gateway.......
It was so much fun, everything was so cute!!! The boys had fun with the cars.
Zach and Colton had fun acting silly and pushing each other around!(maybe they're a little to old for this museum???)
The rock climbing wall was fun for the kids for about 2 minutes!!!
My cute little puppies.....
The boys all liked the helicopter or as Sawyer calls it the "Wel-a-copter"
They had a ton of really cool building blocks on the top floor.
These magnetic ones were our favorite. I thought it would be fun to start collecting them although when I went down to the gift shop they seemed a little pricey.... But, now that I think about it they're pretty much the same price as Lego's (maybe for Christmas) Sawyer loved them and did not want to leave!!!
My absolute favorite part of the entire place was the grocery store!!!!
Bryson and Sawyer had so much fun shopping and then working in the store!!!
Sawyer took his job very serious..... Although, who ever trained him forgot to tell him no gum!!!
He was so cute, he would look at each item and then key it into the register!
I thought this was going to be a place that we were going to hang out at all day.... Little did I know Zach, Colton and Ben would be board out of their mind.... Look at Colton's face in this picture, this pretty much summed up the last hour. (but, what could we do? We were waited for Sawyer's shift to end.) We stayed for about 2 1/2 hours. It was a blast!!! But, not somewhere I recommend taking Husbands or kids over the age of 8.....

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love free stuff! Looks like a fun place too bad I'm too old to do stuff like that!