Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Dog Gone....

Wednesday January 26st only 11 days after getting the puppy I was done..... I still had my picture to list on KSL and it was time! Although, I remembered when we took the puppy to Pre-school for show and tell. Sawyer blurted out "This is my puppy Copper, but we are selling him so I can buy more Star Wars Legos!" After Sawyer made his announcement, Miss Heidi told me if we get rid of him that she would love him. So That night I called up Heidi and asked her if she still wanted a dog? She said they would come over and see him. So I hurried and gave Copper a bath so he would be all cute...... Pretty soon they came to see him and they liked him so they took him home!
****This is where the really bad parenting comes into play....

The second they left I jumped up on the coffee table and shouted "yeah, yeah. yeah!" Then I popped popcorn.... Pulled out a Movie and let all the kids have a diet Coke! (I told you it was bad parenting.....) Then Zach looked at me and said "So you are throwing a party now that Coppers gone?"

I went to bed so happy and so relieved I felt like a huge burden had been lifted away.... Then I woke up.... I was so sad! I couldn't even believe it? I was sad over a dog???? Or was I just sad about being a horrible Mom???? I called Heidi first thing in the morning to see how he was? He did good and we talked I told her I was so confused and had no clue what I was doing.....

Later that afternoon I told Ben I thought I wanted the dog back.... He looked at me like I was crazy!!! Later that night around 6:00 Zach broke down and was so sad.... This made me even sadder.... So I called Heidi a few times and they weren't home. At About 10:00 Heidi called me and was so sweet to give me the puppy back. I told the kids I was going to the store. When I came back with Copper everyone but Sawyer was sitting on the couch crying! They were so happy to see their puppy back home!

I am so blessed to have such a great friend who would take my puppy and then give him back!


I know now that although I may not be dog person..... I am a Copper person and this little puppy is now just part of our family!

No comments: