Friday, February 18, 2011

Puppy Love

I made the phone call and worked out a trade. We loaded all the kids in the car and we were off to Woodland Hills (about an hour away) As we were driving I started getting butterflies in my stomach and told Ben I wasn't sure what I was doing and maybe we should just turn around and go home.... I didn't listen to my gut and before we knew it we were in Woodland Hills picking out our puppy. We decided to take home the mellow snuggly fluffy one. As we drove home we thought of names for our new little puppy. Sawyer thought we should name him "Darth Vader" I told him that maybe we should think of a different name.... That's when Bryson said "I know a really, really good name! We could name him Jesus!" I then had to explain to Bryson that Jesus is a good name but not a good name for a dog. We finally decided to name him Copper. We took him to Petsmart and bought some doggy food while we were looking at ALL the doggy stuff we saw a few other shoppers. There was one pudgy lady with a pudgy little dog (It looked just like her). Then as we turned the isle there was a granola hippie guy with a big shaggy long haired dog.... I about died laughing- then Ben looked over at me and said "Are we really these people????" Then I laughed harder.... Pretty soon the whole family was in puppy heaven....


We sure love our cute little puppy!!!!

2 comments:

Lizzy Hortin said...

Oooh so cute! I want a cute little yorkie just like Copper!

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh, he is sooo dang cute! I just want to hold him!