Monday, February 14, 2011

Dont Break The Ice

One cold day in January.....

It was Friday night and Zach and his friend Michael were no where to be found.... Michael's Grandma found them over at the ponds.... When I found this out, I freaked and told Ben I couldn't believe they would go walk on the ponds! Ben said "They're not that dumb! They wouldn't walk on the ponds." I then talked to Zach and asked "If he had been walking on the ponds?" He said "Yes, but the ice is really thick and showed me with his hands how thick the ice was." With out letting him talk any further I told him that there was no way he could tell how thick ice was!!!! That you never know how thick ice is and it is very stupid to go walk out on the ponds because the ice could crack at any moment and then you could drown!!!" I thought enough was said and left it at that! Until the next morning when I saw this in the garage..... A wagon filled with ice chunks and a hatchet (apparently he did know how thick the ice was!)
This made my heart sink.... I am so very blessed that nothing happened to Zach or his little friend... Next time I will ask more questions when Zach seems to think he knows everything!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

And THAT is why mothers of boys get grey hair!!! Trust me, I know from experience!

Karen said...

True!!!