Monday, June 1, 2009

I Surrendered...

Jenny has been trying to get me to read... I was even invited to be in a book club (and I said no) It's not because I HATE reading I actually really enjoy it (really I do) It's not that I don't have time for reading (I believe you can make time for what ever you want... we all have the same 24 hours in the day) SO, I finally surrendered and gave into Jenny... I read a book called "The Heavenly Surrender" It was a really fun romantic love story that was easy to read.... I read the whole book in one day!!! I liked it because it was happy... There is enough sadness in the world without having to read made up sad stories!!
This brings me to my conclusion: why I don't read.... When I read I DO NOT have time for anything else.... My house turns into a bigger mess, laundry starts to pile up even more and the kids go hungry!!! My personality is just way to addicting (there is no way I can only read 1 hour a day) If I was at a different time in my life I would actually read a lot more... although being a busy Mom of four wild and crazy boys... I think I am justified in saying I do NOT have time to read!!! (the only sad thing is I really want to read all of this authors books. It was a great escape... I wonder when I'll be able to take another day off and not do anything but read???)

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

That is the trick of reading, to learn to balance it with other things. It is very hard for me when I get a really good book, I don't want to do anything else but read. I don't even go to bed. So I have to set limits for myself, like I will only read for 15 min before bed, etc.

Melissa said...

I like all of her books, it's fun to escape in a romance novel.

Karen said...

So, what's the next book I should read?

Jennybug said...

I thought you were going to tell about how Ben thought it was a church book. (Heavenly Surrender) hehehe!!!

Brittany said...

Oh Karen, if I recall correctly, you did a post not so long ago about how stupid reading is... I guess you were just mad at Edward. I'm glad you are reading again!

Karen said...

Brittany, don't get me wrong... I still think reading is an anti-social waste off time!!! as is webkinz... but at least I can send people gifts on webkinz!!! Ha Ha (when are you going to a pet???) (oh, and yes, I was mad at Edward!!!)

Lizzy Hortin said...

I have lots of time on my hands! I'll have to read this book, I love a good happy romance.