Sunday, August 16, 2009

Las Vegas

Last weekend Ben and I were able to take a fun trip to Las Vegas. We left Friday morning at 9:15 and arrived in Vegas at 9:30.... Now that's the way to travel (I just can never figure out why it only takes 15 minutes to get there and over two hours to come back???) When we got to Vegas we checked in at the Monte Carlo and unpacked our stuff. Then we decided to go get some lunch. P.F Changs is across the street (which is still a pretty far walk... although it doesn't seem like it would be.) I absolutely love P.F Changs it is so yummy we ate there twice and even got the "Wall of Chocolate" which was heavenly!!!
Then we came back and hung out at the pool. It was so nice to relax in lazy river and not have to keep an eye on four little boys. The music was hoppin and so was the crowd. It was really entertaining to watch everyone!!! After we swam for a while we decided to get ready and start walking towards the Venetian where we had tickets to Phantom of the Opera. I was excited because this was Ben's first time to see it... and my second, although It seemed like the first I have a really hard time keeping movies and plays straight. We wandered down the strip and just had to stop at the Bellagio for a crepe.... I had to laugh when Ben said "I didn't know I was coming to Vegas with the Queen of sin city??? How do you know about all these places???" I told him I was just the Princess that my Mom was the real Queen!!!"
Phantom was amazing and we both had a great night!!!! After we ate dinner at the Cheese Cake Factory... (nothing like eating your way through Vegas) We then called it an early night and went to bed.
The next day we hung out pool then got ready to go to Lion King. I loved all the music and the costumes were amazing!!! It was a a great way to spend the afternoon.
After Lion King. We went to P.F Changs again and ate. Then we walked the strip and went in all the shops (I was excited when I found a really cute purse!) I showed Ben my favorite game in Vegas. I'm not sure what its called but, it's this big wheel and you try and guess what amount of money it will land on. If you win you get that amount of money... The only other person I know that loves this game is Carson. Anyway I was so excited when I hit the 40 and made 40 bucks. Although doing the math I figure I lost about 60 dollars in gambling (I should of gone and bought a Brighton bracelet!!!) We did play the wheel game for over an hour though and it was fun talking to everyone (and hitting the big jack pot!!!)
Then we walked around and people watched... one of my favorite things to do!!! At about 1:30 we called a night and went back to our room. To our surprise Vegas Vacation was on T.V.... There is nothing better than being in Vegas and watching everything you could be doing in the comfort of your own room. It made laugh, I told Ben we are a nerdy couple and should be out having more fun.... Although it was a good thing because I think I am a gambling fool. I just keep thinking I know I can do it one more dollar. Good thing Ben was with me and called it a night!!! The next day we hung out and then caught our flight home at 5:00. We then picked up the kids at Jenny's house at 8:30.... We had a great time and can't wait to go again (I just know I will hit it big next time!!!)

4 comments:

Carson said...

Sound like a great little weekend, and your right I love that game!!! and way to go on hitting the big number. We really need to go there again so we can play. :)

Karen said...

I hear ya... Ben was fun to play with wheely game wit but not as much fun as you!!!

benreschke said...

That looks like a fun trip. The Monte Carlo is nice...their lobby smells really good for some reason.

Lizzy Hortin said...

What a fun little vacation! I still have never been to Vegas! I've always wanted to see the Phantom of the Opera there!