Thursday, August 6, 2009

Laughs at the Zoo

Today we went to the Zoo. We were watching the penguins swim when Bryson looked up at me and said "What's so dangerous about penguins???" I told him Penguins were not dangerous" He looked up at me with his hands on his hips and said "Then why are they in cages???" It made me laugh... I told him "They were in cages so can't get out." Bryson then wanted to know why they didn't want them out...

We then headed over to see the baby giraffe (he is so cute) Colton asked me if the baby giraffe had a name? I told him I was sure it had a name and to go ask the zoo worker.
Colton came running back with a huge smile on his face. He told me "It does have a name.... It's Jumanji...." Then he said "Mom, I wouldn't want to be a Zoo Keeper cause it would be so hard to think of all the names for every animal and then you would have to remember them all!!!"

That made me laugh.... I think of million other reasons I wouldn't want to be a Zoo Keeper and naming the animals is not one of them!!!
Last we headed over to the dreaded reptile building.... I hate this building!!! If I had it my way I would of never ever taken my kids in there.... but, it's their favorite!!! They could spend hours in there!!!
We were watching the spider monkeys, two of them were playing around and picking at each other. When Zach's little friend said "Oh, no I hope we don't see a baby pop out in a minute!" (I guess his parents have had the TALK with him!) I wish it were only that easy!!!

The kids had a lot of fun at the Zoo and I had a lot of laughs at the Zoo.... My Zoo pass is almost expired. Hopefully the baby elephant will come soon!!!

1 comment:

Lizzy Hortin said...

Oh man I love the way little kids think! Not being able to think of names for all the animals is not the only reason I wouldn't want to be a zoo keeper!