Sunday, August 30, 2009
Old Fashion Taffy Pull
Last Saturday we went to the 150 year celebration of South Jordan. I asked Ben "If he wanted to go? That I wasn't sure what it was.... It could be really fun or really dumb!" He decided he would come with me (That made me really happy) We got to the park and found out that you could buy 20 tickets for $1.00. This ended up being so much fun and so very cheap. They had a Stage coach ride for 5 cents, Snowie snow cones for 15 cents, giant lolly pops (like at Disneyland)for 20 cents, Pie eating contest, old fashion games, pop corn for 10 cents, the list goes on.... Our family was able to do everything for $5.00 and the best thing was we got there right when it started and were the first to do everything with no lines. Oh, and Ben won the cake walk!!!!
They had an old fashion taffy pull for .20 cents. I was so thankful that when I bought the little bags of taffy the man said "You might want to do this at home, it gets pretty messy!"
Pretty messy is right!!!! We had taffy all over the place.... and the worst thing about it after all that work it didn't even taste good!!!
We were so happy we took the gamble and went to the Old fashion picnic. It was a blast and I really enjoyed the 1849 prices!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That is so fun! Boy that taffy looks messy!
Wow what a great deal for so many different things! Sounds like a blast!
Post a Comment