Thursday, August 20, 2009

NO More Markers...

The other day I went to Wal-Mart with the list of school supplies Colton needed. Zachary told me that his Teacher said "Not, to get anything that he had it all" Most parents would be excited to hear this.... but, not me. I am a sucker for school supplies. There is nothing like a box of new color crayons!!!! and for only .25 cents how can you pass it up???? I just LOVE school supplies!!! Markers, Rulers, Crayons, Notebooks you name it.... I LOVE it!!! I got everything on the list and few extra things for Colton to give to his teacher in case other kids didn't bring them. I even bought extra stuff for home....
While I was shopping for school supplies I was of course comparing prices. Markers for $1.00 or washable markers for $2.00. I decided to go with the regular markers and save a dollar....
BIG Mistake, Sawyer colored on the table, he colored on the couch, he colored on the remote, he colored on my sweatshirt, he colored on his jammies and he colored on himself!!!!! I'm sure I have yet to find more "Cullie's" else where.....
I was telling this to my Mom and she said "Where were you???"
I wish I could say I was taking a long nap but the fact is I was 20 feet away from him making dinner.... Thinking to myself "I am sure glad Sawyer is being so good and finally found something to entertain himself!!!" Yeah.... Right!!! Then he got into the Band-Aids and stuck them all over his legs to cover up where the marker was.
The markers are now in the trash!!!! And now I know I will always spend the dollar extra and buy Washable Markers!!!

5 comments:

Carson said...

That is so funny! Things like this always happen when your in the room and some how it still gets past us!

Melissa said...

I'm the same way. I wish I could go back to school just to buy some supplies. What a mess with the marker but it gave me a good laugh.

Lizzy Hortin said...

Wow that looks like a mess! He could have at least colored himself with a better color than orange ha ha

Heather M said...

I wish that your life was a reality tv show. Your every day life makes me laugh. I love it!

Rebecca said...

hahaha! This makes me laugh. I remember when your mom got a new orange velvet chair and Mike colored all over it with markers too!!!