Thursday, January 20, 2011

Christmas Eve...

The kids were buzzing with excitement all day! We spent the day doing some last minute shopping... All my shopping was done although there were a few things I had forgotten like batteries and junk food (because you have to have lots of junk food at Christmas....) Then we came home and cleaned the house up. All the boys opened there Christmas Jammies... Zach wanted the jammies with feet in them. I wasn't going to buy any because I couldn't find any in his size... Then my Mom ended up finding some online! So I decided to get all the boys some..... They all loved them but Sawyer, he didn't want anything to do with them!!! I was glad I had a back up pair of jammies for him!!!
All the boys opened there jammies.... It was kinda funny because Zach was the only person who asked for the jammies and he was the only person who didn't get them... So I told him they were at Grandmas house... He was so excited and put them on right when we got there! 
 When we got to Grandma and Grandpas the kids were so excited to see all their cousins.
Everyone was playing and getting along so well together you tell there was magic in the air. We all ate a yummy dinner... Pasta with alfredo sauce and Olive Garden bread sticks. After dinner we watched the San Diego video I made. I was so happy everyone LOVED it!!! It worked out perfectly because as soon as the movie was over the kids were playing around and guess who walked in the door????
Santa Clause....
This year he read "I Believe in Santa Clause" I love this book it has got to one of my favorites. It compares the similarities of Christ and Santa. The book reminds you that Christ is the reason we have Christmas. It was really special having Santa read this book to put the focus on Christ.

Then "Santa" gave all the kids a Christmas present and made them each a balloon. It made me laugh when Santa made his first Balloon Colton said "What, is Santa like a clown or something???" As Santa made the balloons the kids started trying to think of the hardest things for santa to make.... A robot, a robot with a sword a monkey..... and the list goes on.....
Santa was pretty good and made almost everything the kids asked for!
The kids all told Santa what they wanted and said Merry Christmas and goodnight!!!

*** We got home around 9:30 put the kids to bed and started the Christmas magic... When we heard a knock at the door (I couldn't imagine who it would be at 10:30 at night...) When I opened the door it was the neighbors who live across the streets little boy who is 9 years old. He gave me a big nice gift basket said Merry Christmas...... and continued to sit and look at me on the front porch. (I didn't have a gift for them) So I said "Merry Christmas"..... (He just looked at me)  I said you better get home and go to bed! Merry Christmas. Thank you. Good bye. He was still standing there and I shut the door. At 10:45 I was on the phone to Jenny when the doorbell rang.... Ben went and answered the door... It was the little boy, his Dad and Mom all standing on our front porch. (I was so thankful I didn't answer the door, I was n the front room quietly listening) They all said "Merry Christmas" and then just sat on the porch staring a Ben... Ben shook their hands and said Merry Christmas.... It was silent. So Ben started up some small chit chat. They told him they were going to Hawaii the day after Christmas.... Then it was silent! Ben finally said "Have a Merry Christmas we are coming by tomorrow to bring you a gift!" Then they left.  All day Christmas we stressed about what we could give them... Jenny brought over some nuts, we has sparking cider, pretzels and some candles.... Next year I will have a gift ready for them when they come!!!

*** That night Ben and I were laughing so hard at all the awkwardness.... I don't even think they'll give us a gift next year!!!


1 comment:

Melissa said...

That's such a funny story. Looks like you guys had a fun and busy holiday. Those pretzels look amazing!