September 2010
When the Circus comes to town they have a parade up at the Gateway mall. I have never been to this parade and had always heard about it. This year my Mom read about the parade in the paper so the next day we were off.....
I checked my kids out of school and met Carson and my Mom down at Gateway. We sat and waited at the curb as the anticipation of the parade grew. The Circus people passed out noses and hats and fans!
The kids thought is was cool that there were sharp shooters stationed with tranquilizers all around in case an elephant "ran a muck" (Don't you just love that saying)
Soon the parade started....
Then it was over....
The parade lasted for about 5 minutes maybe 6....
The boys turned to me and said "That's it?"
In all we had a lot of fun and just being with family and cousins was the best....
Will we do it again? Who knows..... Maybe?
****** Before we left to go to the parade
Sawyer asked me "If there was going to be clowns there?"
I said "Yes."
His eyes then popped out and he said "Real Clowns???"
I said "Yes."
He then said really concerned "Are they going to be in cages???"
This made me laugh so hard.... I told him "No, they are people."
He then asked "If they were nice clowns?"
*** Then I remembered, not so long ago we watched the end of Killer Clowns from Outerspace Attack.... This is an 80's show where clowns turn people into cotton candy.... I would be concerned too if REAL CLOWNS were going to be at the circus parade....

No comments:
Post a Comment