Anyone who watches the News has seen the stories about stupid mistakes that Mothers make. Sometimes when I see these stories on the News I say to myself "How could that happen?" or "Don't they watch their kids?" I know I am in the wrong for judging others like I sometimes do and I know I shouldn't judge, because mistakes do happen. I am so blessed that nothing horrible or tragic has happened to me.
Today I was a victim of a really stupid mistake, while I was up at my Mom's Scrapbook Store. I was trying to get somethings done for a project I was working on. I was having difficulties printing off a few pictures on the picture machine, when I glanced outside and saw a lady at the end of the parking lot holding Sawyer. My heart dropped as I ran out the door to get my baby. I'm not sure who this lady was or where she was going, but I am so thankful that someone was there to watch over my child when I should of been. I thought Sawyer was in the kids room playing and was unaware that he was outside wondering the parking lot. I am so blessed to have a Guardian Angel and so very thankful I am not another story on the news.
I will never judge another Mother as long as I live or ask the question "How does that happen?" Motherhood is so very stressful and each child is so different. I know that everyone is trying the best they can and sometimes things happen that are out of our control.

5 comments:
Don't feel too badly, Karen. I think you are a great mother! We all have those little moments in our life. I remember once when Jacob was 1, somehow John and I both thought the other had him at church. He was left alone in a room! He pulled himself up by a stack of chairs and the whole stack fell on him! He had a big red line across his forehead and a lady from another ward found him and was holding him, he was crying,they didn't know who he belonged to. Funny thing, I was in RS, and said to myself "why doesn't that baby's mother keep him quiet!"...so much for a mother knowing the cry of her child. Anyway, I am happy to say he was returned to us and all is well!
That is so scary, I know the feeling! Reagan has been so far the most difficult toddler for me always into everything ( I didn't know a kid could be this way) I sure hope Boston stays as sweet as he is! I am so glad everything is okay!
I am so glad that nothing bad happened. It is a challenge to be constantly watching every move our kids make, and quite frankly it is almost impossible. Thank goodness for guardian angels!
Karen you are a really good mom, and sharing this kind of story just makes everyone relate to you a little bit more. I love you so much. I can't wait to see if I will win the bid on Soy-Dog. If we win him we will change his name to James. Sure do love you!!!
I know what a good Mommy you are, and kids are just to fast to know where they are all the time! I will follow your example and try not to be so judgmental as well.
Post a Comment