Thursday, May 8, 2008

Pay Day

If you came over to my house on any given day at any time, you would see toys all over the floor. I asked the boys to pick them up before they went to bed. Colton went right in and picked up everything. After he was through he asked me "If I was going to give him a dollar?" I told him "NO" He asked me "Why" My response was "Just because you help pick up doesn't mean you get a dollar. I clean all day, do laundry, fix food and pick up toys... Do you think anyone ever pays me?" (My response was not in the friendliest voice) I walked back into the kitchen.


A few moments later, Colton came up and handed me a five dollar bill and said "Here Mom, just cause I love you and because you do a lot of stuff for me."

I said thank you and told him too go put his money back in his piggy bank. He insisted that I keep it and would not take it back. Sometimes when I am all stressed out and mad about a messy house my children never cease to amaze me. They are so sweet and thoughtful!

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

Ok so that is the cutest thing ever! Just when you want to throw them all out, they do something that makes them a keeper!!!!!

Jennybug said...

Wow! Five dollars! Now that's a Pay-Day! Looks like you get to treat tomorrow!

Brittany said...

Five Bucks! Do you realize how many trolls that is?? Man, send Colton over to my house.

Jennybug said...

I hope you had a Happy Mother's Day!!! Thanks for cutting up all the fruit and making the strawberry short-cake! It was soooooo yummy! Have a really happy day!

Carson said...

Colton is so sweet! He is such a joy, you have such sweet boys!

Carson said...

Colton is so sweet! He is such a joy, you have such sweet boys!

Anonymous said...

What a cute story!! Colton is so sweet to do that. So, what are you doing with your five bucks??

Willardson Family said...

I found you!! Don't you love the innocence of kids!! Your boys are so cute! It was fun at the game tonight!! Tell Ben thanks for being such an AWESOME coach!