Saturday, May 31, 2008

My First 5K run

Today I woke up really early... I'm talking early 6:45 (It was really neat to see what morning looks like!) My sister Jenny is obsessed with 5K runs. So when I got a flier on my door for a 5K last week, I called her up and told her I would do it with her. (only because it is really close to my house and if I get to tired I could go home.)

Ben couldn't believe I was doing it
and thought I was crazy because I NEVER run!!!

The 5K was for an Eagle Scout Project and all the money raised went to the National Down Syndrome foundation. When we got to the park and signed in there were about 50 or so people there. I was looking around and told Jenny " I was happy because it looked like I could dust quite a few people" come to find out looks are deceiving!!! It was quite hard running, jogging or trying to walk (if your sister will let you)...when you never do it!!!

Jenny has been running for sometime now and is very energetic!!! She stayed with me the whole time and kept trying to give me words of encouragement. I was trying my best and keeping a pretty good pace, right as we got to the turn around mark... Yep, (not my lucky day) the entire South Jordan fire squad was running right behind us...(We all know Jenny and Firemen) she started running a lot faster and it was really hard to keep up... She kept saying they were the "others" and they were trying to get us... Thank goodness they turned around and went the other way after a while!!!

I am really proud of myself
My time was
35:41
I'm so glad I didn't come in last place...
I wonder if Jenny will ever ask me to do a 5K with her again?

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Way to go Karen! That is so fun that you guys can do this. Keep it up. AND watch out of those firemen!

Melissa said...

I'm so proud of you!!

Jennybug said...

You are way to funny, you did a great job. I am way proud of you. Are you up for a run this weekend?

Anonymous said...

Way to go Karen! I am really proud of you and it sounds like Jenny is quite the motivator!

Willardson Family said...

You are much more ambicious (hope I spelled that right!) than I am!! I need to get my but to the gym!! Way to go!!