Thursday, June 5, 2008

A Cast for Zachary

Zachary got his cast on yesterday. The Doctor who did it was really nice, having said that... He was really old school!!! (I hate old school Doctors) I was irritated that he didn't ask Zach "what color of cast he wanted?" I mean really it's an eight year old boy!!! He also did not do a very good job of wrapping the cast, so there were sharp parts that were digging into his skin. I called this morning and the nurse who was there yesterday said "she could tell there would be problems and would get us in to fix it" (she did mention the sharp parts to the Doctor yesterday...but of course he ignored her)

The man who fixed the cast today was very nice. He is the Doctors assistant (I'm not quite sure of the official name he's called) anyway he cut about an inch of the cast down and then wrapped blue over the white. He also put more padding down his cast. He said "He likes to pad it a little better, but Doctors get set in there ways and you can't tell a Doctor how to do there job."

I wonder why this is? Don't Doctors work for us? Shouldn't they do things the way we want them? Really, I am so irritated over this whole cast thing I could scream... Oh, and did I mention I do not like old school Doctors!!!!

I checked Zach out of school at 12:00. Jenny is the best sister ever and watched all my kids while I took Zach to the Doctor. After the Doctor we went to PEI WEI and ate lunch. They have the best lettuce wraps (just like PF Chang's) Then we to the Bakery and I got a cake for Zach that said "Get Well Zach" (OK, I just really felt like a little cake) We also went up to the Scrapbook store and saw my Mom. I got some really fun papers to scrapbook with. I am hoping to book while all my boys are at the Father's and Son's camp out tomorrow.

After we were finished with everything I dropped Zach off at school. He had about 45 minutes left. Just enough time to get everyone to sign his cast again!!!! When Zach got home from school he was really excited because Mr. Bergera (The Principle) signed his cast!!! I told Zach that Aunt Jenny knew where David Archuleta lived and we could go ask him to sign it... Zach said "That would be a little weird to just go to his house and be all hey, can you sign my cast?"

7 comments:

Brittany said...

I would be mad at that Doctor too, but at least you got it taken care of. Zach is way too excited about being injured- even if David doesn't sign his cast!

Karen said...

Yeah, Zach has really been milking this one. He has gotten A LOT of attention!!!

Anonymous said...

Does Jenny really know where David lives and if so...HOW?

Sorry your doctor was so crappy!! But at least the assistant was nice and got you all taken care of and you did get a cake out of it... I mean... Zach got a cake out of it! ;)

Jennybug said...

That is sooo funny. My kids will go knock on the door. They were sad Sunday when Jonathan and I wouldn't let them go knock on the door, and they didn't even have a reason. They were just planning on hanging out with him. I have strange kids.

Amanda-He is in my in-laws stake. He just lives down the street from them. We really aren't stalking him, we just drove by the house after dinner last Sunday. Although, Kendra did take a picture of his house. I am telling you being famous would get old fast.

Jennybug said...

It seems like I never have time to post, so I think that I will just continue leaving long comments on other peoples blogs, adding little tidbits about my life. That being said, I had fun making that video with you until 1:00 in the morning. It is so cute, you are really good at making videos.

Karen said...

Thanks Jenny!

Amanda- Do you want to stalk David with Jenny's kids?

Anonymous said...

Nope! I just thought it was a little creepy that Jenny knew where he lived! =) I'm not to into American Idol and only know who he is throug the news... I know... I am lame!!He is a cute kid and Jenny probably should send Kendra up to the door!