Sunday, June 22, 2008

FIRE, FIRE... False Alarm

Today after church we noticed a really strong electrical smell in our house. We checked everywhere and couldn't find anything. It seemed to be getting worse so we called our neighbor over to see what he thought about it.

His house burned down when he was little by an electrical blanket so he said " We shouldn't take any chances and should call the fire department." We called 911 and then went across the street to our neighbors while we waited for them to come.

We could hear tons of sirens. By the time they all got to our house there were 2 ambulances and 3 fire trucks (one left right after it got here and two stayed.) We had several concerned neighbors and onlookers driving by. (I was glad the news didn't show up!) The firemen checked everything out really good and couldn't find out what was making the smell. I was so extremely glad that nothing serious happened today and I really need to back up all my pictures!!!

The firemen were really nice and gave all the kids a sticker.
The boys were really excited to see the fire trucks
and thought all the excitement was pretty neat.
Sawyer with all the fire fighters (being held by the chief.)

I went in the house to see what was going on. When I saw 10 firemen in my living room, I just had to get my camera. This is only half of the fire fighters in my house today,
while I was getting my camera the other fire squad took off. I asked Them if could take their picture and the fire chief said "Yeah, we need a picture of the squad together. We haven't had one for a long time." So I took this picture, then said "We should take one of you all outside by your truck and I will email it to you!"
Next thing I knew I was doing a photo shoot...
I really like how this one turned out. It's my favorite!!!

The firefighters were really nice. I'm glad
they could all come and check things out for us...
I hope they like the pictures!!!

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Glad you're all safe. Better safe than sorry I always say! Besides you got some really cool pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

I am glad everything turned out well and that you and your family are safe!! That is fun that the firemen would pose and let you take their pictures!! I love the one with all of them and sawyer... so cute!

Carson said...

Glad you all okay, Is the smell still there?

Jennybug said...

This is so cool! These are some of the brave fireman that chase me around the track at the Rec Center. Although I haven't seen them lately, I guess they are enjoying the summer. Good pictures.

Jalissa Bell said...

I am super glad that you and your family are all safe and nothing bad happened! I am sure it's because you went to church that day!
Man I am going to catch my house on fire jsut so I can have the cute fire fighters come and rescue me! :P

Melissa said...

Those are really cute pictures. Maybe I should call the fire department so i can get some fun pictures too