On Halloween I promised myself I would not eat one piece of candy... I accomplished my goal. Then the day after Halloween I fell off the candy wagon. Sawyer had a melted Kit Kat in his hand that he didn't want, so not thinking... I took it and ate it (I know it seems gross, but it wasn't "It must be a Mom thing") After I ate that one little melted Kit Kat... I had another, and another, and another... In total I think I had about 7 or 8 full size candy bars!!! I WAS SO SICK... That night!So, I told my kids "If they saw me eat a piece of candy I would give them all a dollar..."
I forgot I said that, and tonight one tiny little 100 grand cost me $2.00... Am I glad I'm out two bucks? Yes, because it's all or nothing for me... and there is NO way I was going to eat another candy bar at that price (that's more than the airport charges!!!)

7 comments:
I'm the same way, I wish I wasn't, but it is all or nothing with me, with alot of things!
Such a good idea--I used to make the kids pay me for certain things they did (like not putting their seatbelts on right away or saying something they shouldn't) but I should have done it your way. I think that's a great idea! Maybe it's not too late.
Hey I paid Jake 10 bucks for his whole bag of candy, and threw the candy away.
Ohhhh, Now that is smart, I will see if my kids will go for that next year.... Zach is sitting here reading what I'm writing and he just said "NO WAY!!!"
When my mom was quiting her coke drinking I got a dollar per coke...ha ha it was pretty great!
I do the same thing with treats at work sometimes. So far I haven't had to pay anyone
This was a delicious post! After reading it I had to go find some candy to eat. I ended up with an Almond Joy and a Peanut butter cup, yummy!!!
Post a Comment