Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I'm Thankful For Cocoa Bottles

Tonight while we were eating dinner, Sawyer fell off a chair. The thing that makes me the maddest is both Ben and I were two feet away from him! I have never seen a "goose egg" this big before. (Now I know why they call them goose eggs) This picture was taken about 15 min after it happened and the swelling had actually gone down a bit.
I am so thankful I could make him a cocoa bottle. It really calmed him down. After drinking two bottles and getting a lot of love, my poor little baby is doing fine and running around just like normal!

10 comments:

Heather M said...

Oh my heck! That thing is HUGE! That is so sad. I am glad he is feeling better.

Rebecca said...

OH MY GOODNESS! That poor little guy! I hate it when you are right there, and they get hurt. I remember when Jake was 3, he was on the monkey bars at the school, I was 2 feet away, he let go and did a face plant in the gravel, I felt so bad, but sometimes things just happen! Sometimes I wish I had a coco bottle too! (that is, for ME, not the kids)

susan said...

I agree with Rebecca---I could use a cocoa bottle. I hate it when it happens while you're right there. He'll be fine--I think it's harder on their mommy. It was so fun to see you at the store today--the "making cookies" page is just too, too cute!

Jennybug said...

ouch! Poor baby! (Sawyer, not Ben)

Kait said...

ouch! Boys are so tough! But coco does make everything better.

Lizzy Hortin said...

Awe! Poor little guy! I'm glad he's ok!

Melissa said...

Poor Little guy-he definitely deserved his bottle

Harris Family said...

Wow! What a bump. I'm glad he's okay.

Anonymous said...

HOLY FETCH!! That is Huge!! Your poor little baby! He is much tougher than I am, I would have needed more then a cocoa bottle to calm me down!

benreschke said...

Wow! Don't let DCFS see that lol