Friday, November 14, 2008

My Christmas Present...

This is the Christmas present I bought for myself... (I mean the Christmas present Ben bought for me!!!) Every year, Ben asks me what I want for Christmas... I write a list of what and where and he tries to go and get it. He hates shopping and it's really not a surprise since he gets exactly what's on the list.

Two years ago, I wanted a nativity piece (he couldn't find it) so I had to go in the store and show him exactly which one to buy. Last year, I wanted a 'surprise' so I told him to go into the Brighton Jewelry store and buy any necklace... He wanted me to pick it out, so I would like it... I told him "I love everything in the store and anything he picked would be great!" Well, lets just say... I had no idea they had one ugly necklace in the store, and I got it!!! I admit I am very picky when it comes to gifts, I figure if I'm spending money I might as well like it...

I was so excited one year when he surprised me with season tickets to The Desert Star Playhouse... Although, the first two plays we went to were torturous and the last three I couldn't go to because I had "morning" sickness (I mean all the time sickness) or my back hurt because I was to big and fat to sit through the play! I'm not complaining because he is really thoughtful, it just seems like his surprises never quite work out. Anyway now that I do my own Christmas shopping we're both happy!!! I get what I want and Ben gets to stay out of the stores...

I got this picture at the Sandy Costco, the last day is Saturday (tomorrow)... The prices are great, about a third less than what they sell for on their website to see all prints go to http://www.culturalhall.com/

The only sad thing is, I have to wait till Christmas to hang it up... Oh well, I guess I have something to be excited for!!!

4 comments:

susan said...

What a beautiful picture and a perfect Christmas present!

Rebecca said...

I love this picture! I agree, just go buy your own gift that way you get what you want. I can do a whole blog on the strange gifts I have gotten from John over the years!

Heidi said...

I laugh every time I read your blog! Thanks for making my morning great!

Mindy K said...

Hey, Karen,

Thanks for the blog-vite. Holy cow, I can't believe your blog is all ready for Christmas!! That is a great Christmas story, and I LOVE that you have to pre-buy for Ben. I agree. If your spending money, you might as well like it.