Saturday, April 26, 2008

A Little about Me and Ben

I have been tagged so here goes...


Ben and I have been married coming up on 10 years! I am really proud of myself for being married for this long, (don't get me wrong, I love Ben more than anyone will ever know) It's just that I have a really short attention span and have never really stuck to anything this long in my life! One time when I was a teenager, my Mom bought me a fish and it only lasted in my room a couple days before I was sick of it! (I think it is still being passed around my parents neighborhood somewhere!)

Who eats more? That would be Ben, he also eats more interesting foods than I do. Yep, I am pretty much the same boring eater I have always been, although now I am in charge of what I eat and I never cry at the dinner table anymore!

I told Ben I loved him first (and I am so mad I did) First off he is the first guy I had ever told this too. What did he say back to me? " I love being with you" I for sure thought he would break up with me the next day!!! But, he didn't (that made me really happy)

OK, this is kinda funny I always thought I was taller than Ben, pretty much the whole time while we were dating (I call this the Colton syndrome, He always thinks he is way taller than he is)

Who sings better? I think I will just skip this question!!!

I think Ben might be smarter than me in a few areas. But, I am really good at acting like I know what I am talking about! (that is talent)

Ben is really good at helping out with the dishes and laundry, I pay all the bills (with Ben's money Ha Ha) We have a bald guy mow our lawn (it's not Ben) He's the same guy who mows Jenny's lawn! I try really hard to cook dinner but sometimes we have a FFY night (This means Fin For Yourself) My kids are pretty good at this even Bryson!

When we are together Ben drives, I get really nervous if he or any grown man is in the car when I'm driving. It makes me feel like I am 16 again, being taught to drive by my Dad ( I don't even think my Dad ever got mad at me while I was learning to drive) But, I heard stories from Jenny and Denise and let me tell you I was nervous!!!

OK as far as the next couple questions... who is more stubborn? Maybe me, but we get along really great so it doesn't really matter. Who is the first to admit they were wrong? Lets just say when I'm right, I'm really good at rubbing it in!!!!

Ben kissed me first! (Only because my sister Jenny told me I should wait and not kiss him on the first or second date!)

Ben proposed to me on Valentines Day, it was a really fun night! He made me dinner (or so he told me, because I had a phobia of Chinese restaurants at the time) It's probably a good thing if I had known it was take out, I never would of ate it!!! Then we went on a horse and carriage ride and he asked me to marry him (he was whipped) After we went saw the movie Titanic.

Who is more sensitive I guess me, who has more friends definitely Ben (although I do have friends now that are not related to me yea!!!) I have 2 brothers and 2 sisters. Ben has 3 sisters!

Well I am done answering all the questions...

Now I will tag Amanda

6 comments:

Heather M said...

You and Ben really do have a good thing going...keep it up!

Rebecca said...

This was too funny! And, Karen, about that fish...you GAVE it to Daniel (thanks alot, humm, maybe it's payback time, haha)anyway, he
had it for about a year! But then we got sick of it, and gave it to the Shiozakis and I think they may still have it, haha!!!! Do you remember, you said it made noise at night and you couldn't sleep???? Too funny!

Karen said...

Rebecca, that is so funny, that fish lived forever...and it really did splash and make noise at night!

Melissa said...

I remember your fish! I can't believe you've been married almost 10 years! Thanks for sharing. I love to hear those kinds of stories.

Jennybug said...

Karen I am really proud of you, also. I mean you have stayed with Ben through thick and thin. I am so glad that he doesn't get in brawls at Church Basketball anymore, really he has come along way. I think that you definitely bring out the best in him. He is so lucky to have you!!! (You can let him read this if you want!!!)

Carson said...

Thanks for playing! way fun pic