Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Sawyer's "NEW" Outfit

Sawyer's cute little outfit...




When I was pregnant with Zach 9 years ago. Denise and Nathan went shopping together to buy me a baby outfit. When Nathan saw how much baby clothes cost, he couldn't believe it! So he told Denise “they looked so simple to make that he would sew some baby outfits.”

After I had Zachary, we were at my parents for Sunday dinner. Denise came in and said “Here Nathan made these for Zachary” She gave me two outfits, the first one was a little sleeper coat with a hood. The head was so small that it didn't fit. The other one fits a toddler “really cute” I died laughing when she gave them to me. (it’s a good thing Nathan wasn't their)

Denise was pretty bugged, she said “Watch will make the most money out of everyone in the family and our kids will be the scummiest, because Nathan will want to make all their clothes.” (Denise and I gave him such a hard time about this outfit, I don’t think he would of made one for their kids)

I keep this little outfit in my clothes rotation bucket. It makes me laugh every time I pull it out! I have tried this out fit on everyone of my kids. I let them wear it in the house for a couple hours. It just makes me laugh seeing them walking around in this little outfit, their little legs look so bowlegged. It also makes me think of Denise and Nathan.

Sawyer is the only one of my kids that I have a picture of wearing this “darling outfit” He thinks he is so funny walking around in it! I’m glad I started going through clothes today, he is almost to big for it. I guess I will have to pass it down to Boston or Owen!

9 comments:

Brittany said...

That is so funny. I always remember the black and white pants that Nathan wore that he made. I was so jealous that Denise has a boyfriend who could sew! Now I'm not so sure- I mean... the baby outfit is, um cute... I just can't wait to see it on Boston.

Karen said...

I thought for sure you want it for Owen... To make it fair I am putting both their names in a hat and mailing the outfit to the winner!

Heather M said...

Oh that made me laugh, that is so funny. I am pretty amazed that I guy would even attempt to make baby clothes.

Melissa said...

What a cute story and pictures, it made me laugh!

Jennybug said...

this seriously makes me want to adopt a little baby boy so that our name can be thrown into the hat also!!!!
Thanks for the fun post. I remember when I had Kendra, Nathan told Denise he wanted to stop at the mall and get a present, before they come to the hospital. They got her a cute little pair of pink, pinstriped, oshkosh overalls (I guess he didn't have time to sew back then).

Anonymous said...

What a funny little outfit! That is really a cute story about Denise and Nathan. I think it is great that he had the idea to make the baby clothes! What a man!!

Rebecca said...

Ohhhh, that was fun to remember. I remember so well when Nathan sewed these things. This makes me laugh today, thanks!

Carson said...

I can't wait to see who's name is pulled from the hat!! That is such a great story. You are so lucky that your boys are so cute that they could pull anything off even a homemade out fit like that.

kendra =P said...

CUTE!!!