Saturday, March 7, 2009

Ocean Front Property in Utah...

I love the beach!!! In the summer time I got the idea that I wanted to decorate the boy's room beach style. It's still a work in progress... but I am pretty proud of how it's turning out! I love the feel of this room. After countless hours of looking for a surf board online... I found one, I have had it for about 4 months now and just now hung it up. (I guess the obsessive compulsive behavior comes and goes) I also found this cute iguana at the T.J Max home store (I love that store!!!)

After I got the picture and surfboard hung up I was scrambling for something else to fill in. I had this place mat and the sea shells were found on the beach (courtesy of Grandma Kathy) I needed one more thing.... I was searching the house and that's when I thought of Sawyer's swimsuit.... I laughed when Zach said "Mom, are you just looking for any weird random thing to hang up?"

I absolutely LOVE this picture of all my boys feet!!!

The bed isn't normally like this, I had moved it so I could fix all the boards underneath that the kids broke... they all thought it was fun moved so I left it...

I really like how the curtains turned out... They were pretty fun to make. This is my little beach away from the beach.... It has been fun to have a room that both I and the kids like.... and it's not another sports room!!!!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

What a fun idea! All they need now is some Hawaiian music to go to sleep to!

Melissa said...

That is so fun, you are so creative. I love the beach too. That would be a great room to watch LOST in!

Jennybug said...

It looks great!

Carson said...

I love this room it turned out so cute!

Lizzy Hortin said...

How fun! I really like that picture with the feet,