After the tour of the Temple
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Temple Open House
Today after school we went to the Temple open house... I am so glad I was able to take my kids inside the Temple, so they could see how beautiful and sacred it is. My boys were all so good!!! I have never had so many compliments on my kids before. They were all so reverent (even Sawyer) They all looked so cute and were so interested in everything. I had a few smiles every now and then especially when Colton asked "If the drinking fountains were made out of real gold?" Bryson saw a picture of Jesus and asked me "Is Jesus all fixed up now? Cuz' I miss him." I thought that was so sweet. Bryson was also a little nervous the chandelier was going to fall on him. Sawyer loved the Baptismal font and couldn't get over all the oxen "cows" holding it up, he was also excited any time he saw a picture of an animal. When the Sister Missionary's told us we could ask any questions we wanted to the Missionary's inside the Temple...All Zachary did on the bus was think of questions, they were "How many light are in the Temple?" and "How many pictures of Jesus are in the Temple?" Luckily we didn't run into any Missionary's so they didn't have to be put on the spot by a nine year old. It was really neat walking through the Temple with my kids. I am so thankful we got the opportunity to do this today.


If you wondering what the Hippo is all about... His name is Henry, each kid in pre-school gets to take him home for one week, then they get to make a scrapbook page telling about all their adventures with Henry... Henry was supposed to stay in the car although Bryson wouldn't leave him... He said "Mom, I have to take Henry with me so I can tell Miss Heidi... and I am going to say Henry came to the temple!!!" I asked Bryson "Can you just tell Miss Heidi that Henry stayed in the car?" The answer was "No!!!" So yes, Henry the Hippo has been to the temple.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I love your picture of you and the boys infront of the temple. That is so neat that you were able to take the boys and do this! I bet they will always remember how special this was.
I really wanted to go to the temple open house, that's awesome you all got to go, even Henry!
That is hilarious about Henry. When does Henry the hippo get to come to Aunt Jenny's house?
Post a Comment