I told Zach he should enter something in photography. I would let him use my camera (which everyone knows they do not touch!!!) and we could go to the Zoo and he could take pictures of animals.... This was our third trip to the Zoo in one month (the Zoo pass is really paying off)
I let Zach take my camera and go to town, 179 pictures later and a little cropping (I showed him how to crop) This is what we came up with. I think it turned out awesome!!!! I went to the Zoo with my two really good friends we had so much fun. Between all of us we have 12 kids. (Although two of them were not there because they are on a different track.)
We let all the kids use our cameras (we all have the same big zoom camera) I thought it was pretty funny when my friend was stopped by an older couple, they said "We keep seeing all these little kids with these BIG cameras. Is there a place at the Zoo that rents them out?" She said "No, where just a bunch of crazy Mom's who are letting our kids use our nice cameras."
Bryson with his two little friends. They had so much fun together. They loved riding the merry-go round and the train!!!

5 comments:
Karen, I was on the Reflections Committee once, and I learned that they really look at how the project is presented, if it is matted and framed, etc. So be sure to frame it well. Jake did and got a Blue ribbon on his photography! Those are awesome shots, I think he will win!
Thanks for the advice. I will try and find a good frame and mat for it. I'm glad you said something I was just going to send right in the envelope form Costco~!
He did an awesome job. Good mom to encourage them to enter. All these kinds of things boost their self-confience!
PS. When I said frame, not a wood type frame just one of those cut mat kind of frames do you know what i mean? I watched the judges and they really went for that!
His pictures really did turn out great! You are motivating me to have my kids do something...which we've never done before. That was a really fun day at the zoo, thanks again!
Post a Comment