Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Year I ruined Halloween

I have always loved themed Halloween costumes! I love to dress up and I think it's so cute when every ones costume goes together...If I wasn't a good Mom I would totally make my kids be themed every year. "I've been told Halloween is for kids!" So I let them be what ever they want!!! Although years ago there was a time when I got to choose what everyone was for Halloween. I had the best idea ever.... I would make every ones costume and we would all be from the movie Toy Story 2 ... Ben was a good sport about this and was Woody just to make me happy. (now I have ruined Halloween and he will not dress up!)
Dont we all look so cute? I loved Zachary's little potato head costume. Me and Zach actually won the costume contest at Video Verns.
I was so excited about these cute costumes I wanted to go to every costume contest I could find. So I convinced Ben along with My brother Bryan his 'girlfriend' Carson and my cousin Brittany and her boyfriend to go to The Bay. To sum it up, a lot had changed in 2 years at the Bay. We were the only people dressed up the entire night (this made me so excited, I knew we would win) but then 5 minutes before the contest an old man and a bunch of Star Trek nerds came... We didn't win!!! I was so sad.... (those darn spacemen)
Not a happy Cowboy!
This night was hilarious... First off when we were standing in line to get in, there were some Mexicans by us who started talking Spanish they said "look at that gay cowboy." and started laughing. Since Ben went to Chile for two years on his mission he could understand them and listened the whole time why they made fun of him.
The best part was Brittany's boyfriend, he was dressed as Batman (he had the fake muscles and all) When people started making fun of him he got so mad... He went in the bathroom and took his bat suit off, although he had no choice but to keep the galoshes he was wearing on!!! He was very bitter!!! Bryan was happy he only had a doctors outfit on. Carson was a princess and Brittany was Poison Ivy (although no one knew who she was...She was so excited when a guy said "I know who you are"... Then he said "your Eve."
Although this night didn't go as planned and we didn't win the $100.00.... Some of us can look back and laugh!!!
And some of us will never dress up again!!!

10 comments:

Carson said...

Those days where fun! Besides we were hot stuff! Why didn't you post the picture of all of us. So that they can see how cute we all where and that we should have won that $100, You have one right?

Karen said...

Carson, That's the picture I wanted to post but, I tore my house apart looking for that picture... and sad to say I am so unorganized I couldn't find it. Do have one? I will still keep looking and post it if I find it!

Carson said...

same with you, I would have no idea where to start to look, I bet britt might have one, you should ask her.

Melissa said...

That is so funny. You are a way talented costume maker. Ben doesn't look too happy in that last picture. Hopefully he can look back and laugh now.

susan said...

I needed to laugh this afternoon. That is so funny that Ben understood Spanish and heard what they were saying. Poor guy! I can't believe he dressed up in the first place. Those costumes were darling. You have a knack for costume making. Holly and Heidi were fun to dress up as little kids. Their Raggedy Ann and Andy costumes were my favorite when they were 18 months. Then there was George and Martha Washington in first grade. Holly was a little taller so she always had to be the boy part of the costume and she finally told me she wasn't being the boy anymore. After that they were princesses or beauty queens together---no boys needed!

Heidi said...

I've got the giggles! Too cute!

Anonymous said...

I remember that year! You were a cute little family. That story about "the bay" is so funny!!

Brittany said...

Uh Hello?? I won 3rd place. The naughty Nurse won first.

Karen said...

You won 3rd.... I can't believe I forgot that... you were awesome!!!

but, not quite as cool as batman!

Jennybug said...

This is sooooooo funny. I am so glad that Ben decided to dress up again. I think he would have totally won, this time.