Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Tooth Fairy

"Tooth Fairy Spoiler Alert"
The other night Colton lost his second tooth. Ben and I were watching T.V, Colton came running down stairs and said " I got a loose tooth and it's loose, I'm not kidding!" I looked at it and said "Yep, it's getting loose keep wiggling it." We were getting ready to put him to bed and he said "I'm sick of this tooth. Can you just rip it it out Dad?" Ben said "Yeah, I'll rip it out!!! But, it might hurt." Colton said "So, I don't really care I just want this little sucker gone!" Ben ripped the little tooth out and Colton didn't even flinch... He ran and got a bag and said "oh yeah, tooth fairy time! He told me "He was going to stay up all night so he could catch the tooth fairy."I went to bed around 11:30, at two in the morning I woke up. I remembered about the tooth fairy. I went and got some money and sneaked into Coltons room. I was almost done with the switch when all the sudden Colton started tugging on the bag from under the pillow. He woke up and said "Mom, I think someones trying to take my tooth!" I said "Really???" I put the tooth back just in time before he lifted up the pillow to look. I said "Oh, look Colton it's right there, I just came to tuck you in! Good Night!" He looked around the room and said "Mom, I could probably catch the fairy, but I don't really want to, I'm way tired!"

I then woke up at 7:00 and completed the switch... Without any trouble!!!

4 comments:

Heather M said...

That was a close one! When ever I have to do fairy duty and I'm about to make the switch, my palms get all sweaty and I hold my breath. I feel like I'm on a secret mission and about to wake the sleeping guard. It's intense. Good Cover!

Rebecca said...

Cute! I will have to tell John this, he collects "Tooth Fairy Stories."

susan said...

By the time my younger ones were expecting the tooth fairy, she became a little forgetful, in fact, she was kind of a flake. Sometimes it took her two nights to remember to come. I just told them that she was probably getting older and more tired and it probably took her longer to get there. True that!!

Karen said...

Susan, That happened to me with Zach... It took the Tooth Fairy 3 days to come. I just said "maybe she was on vacation!"