Sunday, September 14, 2008

Crazy Friday...

Friday is my crazy day... and last Friday was crazier than ever. It seems as if I always end up having to go to Costco on Friday! I would normally save it for another day, except I had to get fruit for my niece Olivia's baptism. I also had to run to Harmon's to buy two litter soda pop bottles for scouts.
Friday is also early day, so I have to be to the school at 1:50 for carpool...I was a little late (10 minutes) Colton was crying because he didn't think I was coming. It's a good thing he was with his best friend or he would of gone ballistic (I think he is defiantly like his Mom)
I got home and was in a rush to get ready for scouts. We were making rockets out of soda pop bottles. I couldn't see dumping all the soda down the sink, so I figured we would have a root beer float party. I also bought a bottle of coke so we could do the Mento trick (that's why I was late for carpool, I couldn't find Mento's at Wal-mart so I had to go to a gas station.) I had so much soda I was trying to find containers to put it all in. I opened the first bottle only to find that my "cute" little Zachary had shook up all the bottles!!! (I did not find this funny at the time! When I told Ben, he laughed!!! I was still very irritated and this was not the response I was looking for!!!)
After cleaning up the soda mess in the kitchen, we moved on to making the rockets. I got out my big box of art supplies and told the scouts to decorate the rockets.... Not knowing there was a BIG giant bottle of glitter in the box, before I knew it glitter was all over my house. I spent an hour after scouts cleaning it up and two days later I am still seeing glitter everywhere!!!
I sent the kids outside to eat there root beer floats, just then Sawyer woke up. I went to get him, he couldn't of picked a worse time to do a 'super poo'. I had to change his bedding and give him a bath in the middle of scouts. After I was done, I went outside to get the boy's, only to find that they decided to have a root beer fight...seriously are these kids two??? There was a BIG root beer mess all over my side walk (that I still haven't cleaned up, I wish it would rain!)
The boy's couldn't figure out how to tape the rockets together, so I found myself taping together 9 rockets...scouts went over 45 minutes. Oh, and I forgot to mention the oven repair man was fixing my stove during all of this!!!

We were going to go to the Fair, but I was in a not so great mood when Ben and Zach got home from football. Then I thought I can stay home and be bitter all night in my messy house or we can leave and go do something fun.

We got to the Fair a little after 7:00. First off we watched the Tiger show, it was amazing and well worth the $28.00 dollars we paid to get into the Fair. They had 7 great big tigers, the kids were in the very front and loved it. Ben and I kept taking turns holding Sawyer. He started to attack the lady in front of us (hitting her and pulling her hair) I told her I was sorry and that she shouldn't be worried about the tigers, she should be worried about my baby!"
We then headed to the scrapbook building to look at all the pages everyone in my family made. Colton was very excited to see that "He won" a blue ribbon on a page that had his picture on it. After looking at all the strange things people entered in the Fair we were off to ride the BIG yellow slide. The kids always love doing this and it has become a family tradition.

After wandering the Fair, we went to see all the animals. Everyone except Colton liked looking at the animals. Colton kept saying "Why do we have to just keep looking at all these animals? It smells so bad!!!" We were over looking at the bunnies and they were so cute (I think I wasn't feeling well, because I really wanted one!) Zachary kept asking "If we could buy one?"
Colton piped in and said "No way, cuz then our house would smell like this and be stinky all the time!" He is right, I came to my senses and told Zach "No way!!!"
This was a big giant steer in with all the other cows. I would of tried to get his whole body in the picture but there were a ton of people swarming it! Zach was really brave to stand so close (No way would I have ever gotten that close, I'm so glad I have a kid who will do anything for a picture!)

After seeing the animals we went into the infomercial building...Zach loves infomercials, every time one is on T.V he says "Mom, we need to buy that!" We looked at all the weird things people were trying to sell, I seriously think Zach could of stayed there all day (I could of to) It's a good thing Ben was with us or I would of left broke, with a whole bunch of things I don't need!!!

We bought some greasy french fries to all share and then we headed home. It was a really fun night at the fair and it made me forget about my hectic day!!!

*Now you know that I really don't sit and play the hair game all day, I really am busy!!!

8 comments:

Melissa said...

That does sound like a crazy day. What do you do with mentos and coke?

susan said...

Yes, I was wondering about the mentos and coke, too. I know, when you have days like that, they almost seem like a sitcom that can't really happen--but they do. It makes you appreciate the "normal" days.

Jennybug said...

Check out mentos and coke on you-tube. You have to see it to appreciate it. Karen it sounds to me like you left the circus to go to the carnival!!!

Karen said...

OK...DO NOT try this inside!!! If you take a two litter bottle of warm coke and drop a couple Mentos in it makes a big coke fountain!!! It's pretty entertaining, just make sure you run fast or have eight year old boy do it!!!

Karen said...

You gotta love hanging out with the carnies!!! *No offense to Jacob if he ends up getting that job at the BIG yellow slide!!!

Rebecca said...

I will have to tell Jake about the mentos thing. Well, maybe I shouldn't......sounds like your house was a circus! At least there weren't any animals to deal with.....unless you count cub scouts!

Harris Family said...

So cute! I just love reading your blog. You are such a fun mom. The soda pop thing is pretty funny, although I wouldn't be laughing at the time either.

Melissa said...

You know what, I've gotten addicted to hair mixer. I'm glad someone else thinks it's that funny. I was home alone doing it last night and just laughing out loud.
Hi my name is Melissa and I'm a hair mixer-holic...