Sunday, September 28, 2008

We Won...

It's the football update... On Saturday we had an early game at 9:00. We played Jordan and won 40-0... The kids love it when they don't let the other team score at all because then they get a special "shut-out" treat. From what I saw it was a good game... I had three little boy's I was watching, more than I was watching Zach. He actually ran the ball twice and I didn't even know, until after the game when Ben asked me if I saw it... (so sad)
Every time our team gets a touch down, there is a bucket to put a quarter in. The kids think this is really fun and love putting quarters in the bucket (this game cost me a lot of money!)
I am still learning a lot... I hope I have this right. If you kick off the ball and it doesn't go 10 yards you have to wait for the other team to touch it before you play it. The other team hadn't touched it yet. I love how all the kids just stop and look at the ball like it's "Poison." I love this picture... The coach is in the shot yelling "Don't touch the ball!!!" Luckily Zach heard and left it where is fell two feet away from where he standing!!! This big kid on the other team hit Zach's back and hurt him... I told him to go "Water Boy on him, and just think number 18." Then Ben heard me and said "OK, psycho Mom...stop talking to him so he can watch the game."
Colton asked me "What guy hit Zach?" I told him "Number 18." I thought it was really cute when Colton said "I wish so bad I had my pads on, so I could go in there and take him down for Zach!!!" Yep, Colton is my "Water Boy" I can't wait to watch him play...He will be pretty intense!

I took this picture after the game of all my cute boys!!!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Sounds like a fun game! I am like you, I sit by someone on my team (usually a big Tongan Dad), so I know when to cheer for our team!!

Harris Family said...

You have such darling pictures. I also love what you have done with the site for Fall. I might have to do the same:) Also, thanks for your comment.

susan said...

Karen,
The pictures are so adorable. I love it when kids stick up for each other. Just think how they'd be with a little sister. (hint, hint) Besides, we know what she'd look like and everything. It was so much fun to see you at the store on Saturday.

Jennybug said...

Fun pictures. I am glad they won. My Jake won also, although I missed the game. I was at Megan's soccer game. They did not win, although Megan had a really good game and played lots.