Easter Day
The meaning of Easter
This morning when the kids woke up I decided we would read out of the Ensign (March 2008) President Gordon B. Hinckley wrote an amazing talk. This is what I read:
In sunshine and in shadow we look to Him, and He is there to assure and smile upon us.
He is the central focus of our worship. He is the Son of the living God, the Firstborn of the Father, the Only Begotten in the flesh. He is “risen from the dead, … the first fruits of them that slept” (1 Corinthians 15:20). He is the Lord who shall come again “to reign on the earth over his people” (D&C 76:63; see also Micah 4:7; Revelation 11:15).
None so great has ever walked the earth. None other has made a comparable sacrifice or granted a comparable blessing. He is the Savior and the Redeemer of the world. I believe in Him. I declare His divinity without equivocation or compromise. I love Him. I speak the name of Jesus Christ in reverence and wonder. He is our King, our Lord, our Master, the living Christ, who stands on the right hand of His Father. He lives! He lives, resplendent and wonderful, the living Son of the living God.
He is the central focus of our worship. He is the Son of the living God, the Firstborn of the Father, the Only Begotten in the flesh. He is “risen from the dead, … the first fruits of them that slept” (1 Corinthians 15:20). He is the Lord who shall come again “to reign on the earth over his people” (D&C 76:63; see also Micah 4:7; Revelation 11:15).
None so great has ever walked the earth. None other has made a comparable sacrifice or granted a comparable blessing. He is the Savior and the Redeemer of the world. I believe in Him. I declare His divinity without equivocation or compromise. I love Him. I speak the name of Jesus Christ in reverence and wonder. He is our King, our Lord, our Master, the living Christ, who stands on the right hand of His Father. He lives! He lives, resplendent and wonderful, the living Son of the living God.
I love this article it is written so well and is so powerful. We talked together as a family that the Reason we celebrate Easter, Is because of Jesus and that he was resurrected.
Zach asked so cute " Then how does the whole Easter Bunny thing fit in?"
We told him that was a wonderful question and we didn't really know! I always want to make sure I have a little lesson planned on Easter morning so we can focus on the real meaning of Easter!
We had a wonderful time at my Mom and Dad's house today. It was so fun to be with all the family. Thanks Mom and Dad for a wonderful Easter! We had so much fun!!! We love you!!!

5 comments:
You are BEAUTIFUL! And very inspiring. I wish I would have had an Easter lesson. You are so cute.
I learned along time ago, the answer that question....bunny, chick, eggs, etc. They are all signs of Spring! Easter is in Spring, AND Spring is also like coming to life after the dark Winter. Works for me!!!!
Geez, stop making the rest of us look bad! Happy Easter!
Karen, this was really nice to read. I would love it if you would share some of those beautiful eggs with me.
Ha, Ha, That will be the last time I ever bring my special hard boiled eggs!!
Post a Comment